Job Title: Remote Operations Specialist
Employer: K&M Technology Group
Location: United States of America
Reports To: Operations Manager
Job Type: Rotating Based
K&M Technology Group provides a systematic approach to performance improvement solutions for Complex Wells and Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) for clients in the oil and gas drilling industry. Services offered include: Planning (Engineering), Training (Engineering and/or Operational) and Execution (Hole Condition Monitoring). The Planning and Training services are provided by the K&M Engineering Staff. K&M’s client base includes Major, Independent, and National Oil Companies throughout the world.
This is a senior-level position where the candidate is expected to have a working knowledge of Drilling Engineering activities to ensure accurate and compliant performance.
- Act as hole condition monitoring expert and technical liaison providing ERD operational advice
- Provide hole condition monitoring services to our clients in conjunction with using our proprietary ERA software system to ensure their well is drilled in an efficient manner with minimal risk
- Provide accurate and timely daily well reports including: Hole Condition Report, Actions & Recommendations, supporting plots for drag, torque, standpipe pressure and ECD.
- Provide assessment of the hole condition using the previous 24-hour real-time data and communicate findings to the client.
- Provide real time hole condition assessment on a very limited basis should the client need urgent support
- Monitor review operations including drilling parameters, drilling and tripping practices, mud properties, additives and consumption, solids control performance, and general geologic environment and geohazards.
- Provides technical advice and application support for products and services
- Traveling to/from client office or rig site locations (if required)
- Must be able to comply with all company policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations where we operate
- Promote and practice good communication and professionalism at all times
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. Engineering or Science Degree equivalent from accredited school
- ERD Training, and HSE Training is preferred
- 5+ years relevant industry experience with well construction
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be fluent in both spoken and written English, Multi-Lingual is preferred
- Up-to-date health assessment
- Valid Passport – Ability to travel domestically and internationally as necessary
- Must be willing to work for extended periods of time
- Excellent customer service/client relationship skills
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong project management abilities
E-mail resume to KMTRecruiting@kmtechnology.com for further consideration. No Agencies.
K&M Technology Group is an equal opportunity employer and recruits based solely on candidates’ skills, aptitudes, and abilities.