K&M Technology Group has over 30 years of experience in the design and execution of complex wells including unconventional wells.
Offering Solutions for Complex Problems
Unconventional wells are those that cannot be feasibly accessed using conventional drilling techniques. Our team works with you to provide solutions to your most challenging drilling problems through the use of our innovative technical designs and leading-edge technology.
Effective Solutions For Difficult Projects
- State of the art expertise in unconventional wells
- A team dedicated to increasing your production and productivity
- User-friendly and accurate software
- Remote services to provide cost-effective support as soon as you may need us
- Custom-designed training and programs specifically for your unconventional well drilling problems
• Target formation contained laterally variable fluvial deposits consisting of competent sands (pay zone) with unpredictable occurrences of unstable, fissile shales.
• Production lateral section drilled at 89-92° inclination and sub-parallel to bedding dip, increasing the risk of formation breakout, bedding plane instability and stuck pipe events (Figure 1). Typically, to maintain a stable wellbore, higher mud weights must be used and swabbing loads must be minimized, however geomechanical constraints in the area were limiting.
• No onsite personnel trained in identifying and reporting cavings relating to wellbore instability.
• Existing operational practices prioritized fast connections and tripping speeds, as a result previous wells experienced stuck BHAs and unsuccessful casing runs due to instability and poor management practices.
Contact Us / Join Our Email List
8, Kirkton Av,
Phone:+44 7881 676325
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
28th Floor Sky Tower, Al Reem Island
P.O. Box 21
Phone: +971 261 017 74
16 A Bld 3, 125171
Phone: +7 910 481 1648