When you attend in-person – you’ll have the opportunity to interact one-on-one with instructors in a distraction-free environment. For many – this is the most ideal way to learn and efficiently develop skills. Questions about your specific well challenge are welcomed. And you’ll have the additional opportunity interact, discuss industry news, and expand your circle of professional contacts.
Public In-Person Training
Complex Well Design and Execution Training
This course provides attendees with an understanding of the practices and procedures K&M have developed to optimize performance and reduce risk when designing and constructing complex and/or deviated wells. The strength of our training team stems from our engineering and operational experience. All of our trainers are regularly involved in well engineering and/or ERD well site advising on some of the world’s most challenging wells.
Everyone that participates in the training will have access to K&M Technology Group’s Torque & Drag, Hydraulics, & Geomechanics software including example wells that will be used throughout the course to reinforce and gain a greater understanding of the material. The fully functional trial version of the software can be used to enter attendees specific well data and discuss concerns with the instructor.
What You Will Learn
- What’s different about horizontal and long reach well design and technology
- Torque, Drag, Buckling and Hydraulics Fundamentals and Modeling
- How to optimize hole cleaning in high angle holes
- How to use surface measurements to monitor hole conditions and respond appropriately
- The importance and increased magnitude of ECD and swab/surge pressures and how to successfully accommodate them
- How to optimize drill string and BHA design
- High angle Casing and liner requirements and installation techniques
- How to assess key rig requirements
- What’s needed for successful cementing
Reasons to Attend
- Your wells experience hole cleaning problems at angles higher than 40o
- Pumping sweeps and wiper trips do not seem to help
- You have to backream to get out of the hole
- Your wells always come in over budget or experience high NPT
- Your casing strings and screens do not get to bottom
- You had stuck pipe or lost BHA and had to side-track the hole
Private In-Person Training
The private training location can be arranged at a venue of the client’s choosing. Courses are based on the public in person training material but modified to focus on client specific wells and to address client specific problems. Private training is planned at anywhere from 2 to 5 days. Each course can be custom designed to include as much operations or engineering content as the project may require.
Typical Private Training Courses Include:
- 2 or 3 day Complex Well Operational Execution Training
- 3 to 5 day Complex Well Design and Execution Training
- 4-Day Geomechanics for Drilling Engineers
- 2 to 4 day Stuck Pipe Prevention Training
- 1 to 3 day ERA Torque, Drag, Hydraulics and Geomechanics Software Training