K&M Technology Group is excited to announce its virtual training offering. We have put a lot of effort into coming up with a format that is a good mix of being self-paced, interactive, and equipped for holding participants attention to ensure it is valuable time spent for everyone that chooses to attend our training. We believe we have come up with a format that achieves all of these objectives. Our training will be a mix of recorded training material that can be viewed at the attendee’s own time and pace followed by shorter instructor led training to cover more advanced subjects.
K&M’s most popular course is back and in-person. The course is a comprehensive well design and implementation event, targeted at drilling and completion engineers, drilling superintendents, and drilling managers. The publicly available courses are generally taught near K&M’s regional offices. Alternatively, they may be delivered to a dedicated client at a venue of their choosing. Sign up today by clicking the link below.
K&M Executed Footage
Reasons You Should attend:
- Your wells experience hole cleaning problems at inclinations above 40 degrees
- Pumping Sweeps and wiper trips do not seem to help
- You have to backream to get out of the hole
- Your extended reach wells always come in way over budget
- You had stuck pipe and had to side-track the hole
- You do not know what you have problems with your high-angle holes
- Wellborne instability appears to becoming a bigger problem for you
What You Will Learn
- What's different about ERD well design and technology
- Torque, Drag, Buckling, and Hydraulics Fundamentals and Modeling
- Hole Cleaning and Hole Condition Monitoring and Management
- Rig Design and Layout
- Directional Drilling and Surveying
- Drillstring and BHA Design and operations
- Casing and liner design, running and cementing and Casing Flotation
Sample Training Schedules:
Introductory Session: 9-11 AM (GMT+1)
Following the introduction, the participant will have access to the pre-recorded virtual training with 2 weeks to complete 20 modules with an average duration of approximately 20 mins per module.
3 day sessions: 9 am & 1 pm (GMT+1)
Instructor-Led Introduction to Training: 9 am-11 am
Following the introduction, the participant will have access to the pre-recorded virtual training with 2 weeks to complete 20 modules with an average duration of approximately 20 minutes per module.
3 Day Training Sessions
In the week prior to the instructor led training there will be an instructor led introductory section with all attendees. Then all attendees will be given access to videos that cover basic concepts for the following topics:
- Hole Cleaning
- Tripping and Backreaming Practices
- ECD and Surge and Swab
- Torque, Drag and Buckling Fundamentals
- Hole Condition Monitoring
- Basics of Wellbore stability
The attendees must view the videos and submit answers to quizzes to demonstrate that all attendees are at an equal minimal level of knowledge prior to proceeding with the instructor-led training.
The instructor-led training will be short sections (45 min) that will cover more advanced topics and topics that normally result in more discussions in our normal instructor-led training. There will be two sections covered per day. One in the morning and one after lunch. The format for the instructor-led training will be as follows:
- The instructor will go through prepared material without interruption for 45 min (as to not lose the interest of some of the attendees).
- At the conclusion of each section, there will be questions that are sent out to all attendees to answer. The goal of these questions is to generate discussions on some of the more advanced concepts.
- The instructor will then remain available to answer any written questions that were submitted during the prepared material and to answer any further questions attendees may have.
- We expect the full process to take less than two hours for each section to be covered but may take longer depending on how many questions the attendees have.
Day 1: 9:00 am | 2:00 pm CDT(GMT-5)
-Tripping and Backreaming Practices
Day 2: 9:00 am | 2:00 pm CDT(GMT-5)
-ECD and Surge Swab Management
-Torque, Drag, Buckling including Wellpath Implications
Day 3: 9:00 am | 2:00 pm CDT(GMT-5)
-Hole Condition Monitoring
Virtual, complete from home or office
• Free 30-day trial to K&M modeling software (ERA) including torque, drag, hydraulics and geo-mechanical earth modeling.
• Ability to schedule 2 hours one on one time with a K&M Engineer to discuss specifics related to a project within one month of completing the training. The K&M engineer can answer specific questions related to the project or based on an overview share what he/she would be concerned about, how to check it and offer possible solutions if it is a problem.
• All Attendees will receive a certificate and the course will be worth 24 hours of professional continuing education credit as it is equivalent to K&M 3-Day ERD and Complex Well Design and Execution Training.
Price: $1550 + VAT (where applicable) per person
To Register: www.kmtechnology.teachable.com/courses
Any questions, email Valerie Puccio